Dependent Pass– Who Is It For?

Married Employment Pass holders in Singapore who choose to have their spouses and children live with them in Singapore.

Key Features of Singapore Dependant’s Pass (DP)

  • Only lawful spouses and children younger than 21 years old can apply for this pass.
  • DP application must be sponsored by the employer of the EP holder.
  • DP period is tied to the duration of the EP and will expire at the same time as the expiry date of the EP it is tied to.
  • Holders of Dependent Passes are NOT allowed to work in Singapore. A separate EP application is required to be applied for by any employer who wishes to hire the DP holders.
  • A child who lives in Singapore on DP can get educated in Singapore’s public schools.

Eligibility Criteria and Requirements for Dependent Pass Application

The spouse /parent who acts as sponsor must be a holder of either the Employment Pass (EP), Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) or S Pass.

  • The sponsor must earn at least SGD6,000 per month.
  • Documentary evidence of marriage and birth certificate must be provided in English.