Who Is It For?
Singapore Personalised Employment Pass is a unique and the only self-sponsored work pass category available for foreigners to work in Singapore. There is no requirement during the application for the applicant to have a job or an employer to sponsor the application.
Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) is only issued once for each applicant and is valid for 3 years, and it is non-renewable. The requirements and approval criteria is strict and available mainly to highly talented, high income and skilled foreign professionals.
Key Features of Singapore Personalised Employment Pass (PEP)
- Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) is issued only for 3 years and it is non-renewable. Before the expiry date, the PEP must apply for another type of work pass such as the Employment Pass;
- Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holders are not allowed to start an owned business in Singapore;
- Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) needs to be continuously employed during the PEP period and must notify the Ministry of Manpower each time he or she changes an employer. If the PEP holders fail to find another employment for more than 6 months after leaving an employer, the Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) must be cancelled and the foreigner must leave the country.
- Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holders are not tied to any single employer: PEP holders have more flexibility of changing employers and industry sectors;
- Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holders can sponsor their legal spouse and children younger than 21 years for dependent pass status and other family members for long term visit passes;
- Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holders are more attractive to employers as some employers are reluctant to hire foreigners because of the cumbersome process of getting work pass approved.
- Singapore Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holders are independent employment pass holders and employers need not worry about getting any work pass approval;
- This special category of work pass has a high salary threshold: SGD22,500.00 for those who applying for the first time and for those who upgrade to the PEP from EP.
Eligibility Criteria and Requirements
- Salary criterion: if you are an executive who currently works abroad, your last monthly salary has to be no less than SGD22,500; if you currently hold Employment Pass, you can upgrade to Singapore Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) provided that your monthly income is no less than SGD22,500.
- Applicants must have a degree from a well-established and reputable educational institution.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate his/her prominent employment history and prove 3-5 years of professional expertise in the relevant field. Skills the foreigner is going to contribute must be in demand in growing sectors of the Singapore economy.
- Successful applicants can be unemployed for 6 months but must earned at least SGD270,000 per year.
1. Who is this for?
This pass is targeted at highly skilled foreigners currently earning at least equivalent to SGD22,500.00.
2. How Long is the Pass valid and can it be renewed?
This pass is valid for 3 years and it’s non-renewable.
3. Do you require an employer sponsor?
How to apply for a Personalised Employment Pass?
1. As this is a self-sponsored employment pass, there is no need for the candidate to have a job or any employer before the application can be submitted.
Although candidates can apply directly, for a smooth and efficient process, it would be best to engage the services of a work pass specialist to apply on their behalf to complete the necessary application form accurately.
No consent is required from the existing employer.
2. The supporting documents required include the following:
a) Passport Copy;
b) Copy of Highest Education Qualification;
c) Proof of current qualifying salaries via copies of payslips and bank statements;
3. The application process would take between 8 to 12 weeks.