Who Is It For?
S Pass Singapore work pass type is targeted at semi-level skilled foreigners. This work pass allows Singaporean companies to hire foreign middle level technicians or skilled workers at a salary of no less than SGD 3,000 SGD provided the foreigners possess a valuable working experience and skills relevant to the employing company nature of business and local candidates cannot be found to fill the positions.
This pass is some sort of an intermediate level pass between the lowest level work permit category for blue collar workers and the highest level Employment Pass (EP) category for highly skilled and educated professional staff.
Key Features of S Pass Singapore work pass
- The employer must apply and the sponsor the applicant;
- This work pass category is subjected to the availability of quota for the sponsoring employer and payment of monthly levies. The quota refers to the number of local employees the company must hire first before a certain number of foreigners can be eligible for S Pass sponsorship. The quota and levies are constantly reviewed as part of the broader government measures to manage the increasing number of foreigners working in Singapore.
- The minimum entry level salary for S Pass application for company to hire a foreign candidate under this category of work pass is SGD3,000 per month;
- A higher qualifying salary is required for candidates with extensive work experience and skills.
- The pass is typically issued for a period of up to 2 years after which it can be renewed based on the prevailing criteria then;
- Employers of can sponsor the spouse and children of S Pass Singapore holders as dependent pass holders provided the salary paid to the S Pass holders is no less than SGD6,000 per month;
- Employers are required to take up medical insurance and paying monthly levies for every S Pass holder.
S Pass Eligibility Criteria and Requirements
Employers can engage the services of S Pass application agency to apply if they can meet the following criteria:
- Salary Requirement: Although the salary threshold typically starts at SGD3,000.00 per month, it must correspond with the person’s age, qualification and experience in relation to the local market salaries. Older or more experienced applicants are expected to meet a higher salary threshold in order to be fair to local job seekers;
- Educational Qualification: Relevant copies of trade certificates, diplomas and any other educational qualifications (in English) are required to be submitted to support the application.
- Relevant Work Experience: Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate skills and sufficient work experience in the job applied with commensurate salary.
The employer is expected to maintain a good and proper records with regard to payments of the statutory pension fund contributions known as Central Provident Fund (CPF) for all its local employees and monitor eligibility quota and S Pass application status from time to time.
S Pass Singapore is an employer-sponsored work pass targeted at mid-level skilled foreigners.
Employers and Applicants can check S Pass Application status at this link.
1. Who is this for?
This pass is targeted at mid skilled and supervisory level foreigners currently earning at least SGD3,000.00 per month. The minimum salary requirements are adjusted according to age and job role of the applicant.
2. How Long is the Pass valid and can it be renewed?
This pass is valid for 2 years and it’s renewable subject to availability of quota and meeting renewal conditions.
3. Do you require an employer sponsor?
Yes. An employer sponsor is required for each application and the employer must hire a minimum number of local employees before a quota can be available. Employers are also required to pass a monthly levy. Employers can engage the services of licensed agencies offering S Pass Application Service.